Monday, November 5, 2018

OTT Day #8- July 20, 2018-Crescent Lake to Sacandaga Campground

Well, not that I'm writing these blog posts a month later, the memories are fainter. I expect the posts to be shorter. On this morning, I casually laughed at the condition of my legs. Between the bug bites, the mysterious bruises, and scratches from claw-like shrubs, they are quite a sight! This morning, I was a bit of a mental mess. I slept very hard and it took a lot of effort to get out of bed. On one hand, my body is getting tired. But also, my body is really getting used to this. It took me a long time to get ready. I was the one everyone was waiting on to leave.


Check out our legs. This is one of our many "album cover" poses.
The trail away from Crescent Lake and Springs Campground is one of the loveliest on this route. It's a buggy climb up to Summit Lake, where we stopped for lunch, but it grade is gradual and the ground is... dirt. Yes, we were approaching hints of trail that I love the most- buff, dirt, and trees! 


Summit Lake

If you've never been to Summit Lake, find away to get there. So beautiful, with barely a soul around. We saw a "flock" of dragonflies hanging on to grass poking out of the water! 
Summit Lake Crew

From here we rode the access road around the lake and worked our way to the Timpanogas Lake and Shelter, where we stayed for about 47 seconds. It's an adorable enclosed shelter, but not our destination and the most aggressive mosquitos, so we got out of there fast! 


Then we finally got to....Middle Fork Trail. Our excitement could not be contained as we rode technical, switchbacks on our loaded bikes. There was dirt on the trail. There were ferns all around. And trees. Oh, how I missed my big fat trees.


We made a quick stop by Indigo Springs to see about camping. Not impressed, we decided to skip more trail riding and coasted down the paved road to Sacandaga Campground. So much nicer. The next day would be the last together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2109 Summary- The Ski Report

OK, so it's been a spell since I posted. I suppose my original idea of blogging about all adventures was taken over by Instagram Stories...