Monday, November 5, 2018

OTT Day #11- July 23, 2018: South Waldo to Cultus Lake


30 miles were on the menu for this day. We were on day 11. Wow. We only saw one other rider on our morning ride along the west side of Waldo Lake. The burn area near the campground is coming back nicely.



Over 300 miles riding my bike so far across the state and I twisted my ankle today- walking on pavement to the bathroom at Waldo Lake! I taped it up with Gorilla Tape and hoped it will be OK the next day.

Charlton Lake Trail is some amazing single track and mostly flat. We stayed within the same 100-200 feet for a few miles. I must return to this area to actually camp at the campground and explore beyond the lake without bikepacking gear.




We made it to Cultus Lake by 5:30 to another beautiful lake and quiet campground. I did some laundry off the end of the boat dock and only got a few raised eyebrows from families bring their boats in. I even shampooed my hair... what a treat! We enjoyed an amazing sunset punctuated by the wildfire s

We have a hard day planned tomorrow. It's going to be 36 miles to 3 Rivers Campground. So, we won't be able to take too many breaks.

Oh Hey! Another offered up Coors Light!








No comments:

Post a Comment

2109 Summary- The Ski Report

OK, so it's been a spell since I posted. I suppose my original idea of blogging about all adventures was taken over by Instagram Stories...