Thursday, November 1, 2018

July 10th I Guess I'll Start Another Blog....

Disclosure: I originally wrote this blog using another website, but ran out of free space. I came back to good old Blogger, and now it appears that all of my posts are from November.

You will know it is time to turn the page, when you here the chimes ring like this... (*Bling*) Let's begin now....

I used to keep a racing blog until about 10 years ago. I wanted to remember the details of racing before Facebook and Instagram. I wanted to go reread good days for inspiration and laugh off the bad ones. As social media took off, I eventually stopped updating my blog and haven't really been interested in it. I use blogs in the classroom for my students to preserve thoughts and reflections. As I've grown into my 40s, I again want to keep track of the details, but now as an adventurer... without the race details.
The birth of this new blog is inspired by my time on The Oregon Timber Trail! It began about a year ago when I learned about a network of trails that linked together to form a continuous route from the southern border of Oregon (further south actually) to Hood River. It was touted as being "inspired by the Pacific Crest Trail and other trails in the National Scenic Trail system." I knew my bikepacking friends would be interested, so last fall, it started as a whimsical idea and by this last February, we were in full planning mode. Sometime this past spring, Aliza Richman and I rode with Kim McCormack, the first person to complete the entire route in 2016. She and her friend Sam Clark rode with the support of her husband and other friends who have since built, groomed, ridden, and promoted the trail. She got us so excited it wasn't long before I was ordering all of the bags I needed for this trip. Maybe one of my posts will cover my packing plan and how that plan changes, depending on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2109 Summary- The Ski Report

OK, so it's been a spell since I posted. I suppose my original idea of blogging about all adventures was taken over by Instagram Stories...