Monday, November 5, 2018

OTT Day #7- July 19, 2018-Spa Day!: Chemult to Crescent Lake

Whatever you choose to do on this trip, be sure it includes an afternoon swim and overnight at Crescent Lake! Ok, we woke up on Dawson House Lodge, refreshed(?) and ready to crank out another 50 miles. 

JUST KIDDING! We decided to make it a short day, because really... we weren't totally refreshed and were all pretty stinking tired. We planned on 27 miles for the day on mostly gravel roads. Not a whole lot to report about that. It was a mellow day as promised, with a lovely water/ lunch stop along a creek and we couldn't have been more excited with our decision. We arrived to our destination around 2:00pm. The tent spots at Springs Campground on Crescent Lake were right on a clean, pebbly beach with easy access to the lake.

The afternoon included bathing and swimming in the lake, doing a small batch of laundry from the day, napping, enjoying the breezy, yet very warm afternoon, and trying to play text tag with our friend Carina who was working at the fire lookout nearby. That evening we were SO VERY LUCKY (I might have cried a tear to two) to have her bring us some beer and hang out for a visit. She drove over an hour to us and had to work the next morning. A real friend from the outside!!! The scene was outdoor-magazine- photoshoot perfect as well. The tents, the hanging laundry, the bikes propped against trees, the people napping, sitting, hanging out, the chipmunks that lived under our fire pit, that kept trying to steal food and get into the tent with Bill.... all just glorious.


Some thoughts... I want a ponderosa pine tree added to my left shoulder tattoo... and some wildflowers... and some snowflakes. I was tired today. I didn't have a grand melt down or bonk, but my "V6" legs of the past week were more like "1.8L Geo Metro legs today. At one point, I stopped to adjust something and was left a little behind. I thought, "No biggie. I'll catch up." It took a very long time for me to catch up.... This adventure has been a lot of fun so far. I think I'm doing fairly well so far because we are taking many small brakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2109 Summary- The Ski Report

OK, so it's been a spell since I posted. I suppose my original idea of blogging about all adventures was taken over by Instagram Stories...