Tuesday, November 6, 2018

2 Months Later... What Still Amazes Me

I'm still amazed that my body let me do this for 2 weeks straight. There were few times on the route that I was really tired and the pace kept everything manageable. I want to finish the Oregon Timber Trail next summer. Although I recently rode the first 15ish miles of the next section and I'm not so sure I want to redo that part with gear. It's straight the hell push-a-bike UP!

I get asked a lot, "Would you redo it?" Or, "What part would you want to re- ride?" The answer is NOPE and none with bike bags. There is something magical about a once in a lifetime experience- you do it once. I feel like I would never have the same reaction looking over Fremont Point for the first time. I will never be as thrilled to come across a 3 inch deep, 18 inch wide creek, after rationing my last 8 ounces of water over the past 2 hours. I will never react tot he same surprises. Honestly, there are parts I really don't ever want to ride again. The Earth is too big to take time to relive the unpleasant parts. And the stuff I would re-ride? Of course I want to, without bike bags. There is some fun trail between Crescent Lake and Sisters. 

I have 3 goals for next summer. 

1. Mountain Bike Trip in Peru (already planned, deposit placed)
3. Finish Oregon Timber Trail 
3. Backpack all or part of the Washington Pacific Crest Trail

Who's in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

2109 Summary- The Ski Report

OK, so it's been a spell since I posted. I suppose my original idea of blogging about all adventures was taken over by Instagram Stories...